HR and Employment Regulations – are you in compliance?June 10, 2015 | Category HR
- Are all employees required to keep daily records of hours worked, such as time cards or electronic records, regardless of their method of compensation?
- Do you maintain three (3) types of personnel files—a separate I-9 file and one “Regular” file and one “Confidential” file for each employee?
- Has your policy manual been updated within the last 12 months with pertinent polices and protocols related to newly implemented employment laws to ensure compliance?
- Have your job descriptions been recently updated for each position to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations?
- Has your personnel policy manual and employee handbook been updated to include policies pertaining to: body piercings, tattoos, social media, personal cell phone and cell phone camera use during work hours?
- Have you reviewed your policy manual recently to confirm that it does not contain contradictory and/or undermining language related to progressive discipline policies, probation or permanent employee status?
If you answered “no” to one or more of these questions, it’s time to assess your HR needs. There are HR services and applications that can simplify your life, alleviate risk and allow you to focus on what you do best. To learn more, request a free consultation from Bent Ericksen.