Leadership and Human CapitalDecember 29, 2015 | Category HR
Effective leadership starts with knowing oneself. Leading involves developing and enhancing, and thus maximizing human capital—the “people” resource component of your practice. Prioritize the following:
- Understand leadership principles, emotional intelligence and how to apply your style more effectively
- Establish a solid human resources foundation to protect your asset value and minimize risks
- Effectively recruit and hire to ensure the right people are on the bus and reduce the emotional and financial costs of turnover
- Reduce employee-related stress and manage performance through better communication, productive feedback and employee goal setting techniques
- Build a winning business environment and culture through a highly “engaged” team
Today, people have become the competitive edge in business. Knowing how to lead and manage your human capital gives you a leg-up on your competition. To learn more about leadership and the other topics taught at the Dental Business Institute, visit www.HenryScheinDental.com/DentalBusinessInstitute.